Thursday, October 2, 2014

Brotherly Love The Movie!!!!

Soooo on this same day a year ago, I started filming "Brotherly Love" in my hometown Philadelphia.   I mean literally in the neighborhood I grew up in...West Philly. As a kid I never imagined something like this would ever happen. I felt so blessed to be a part of this film. To move across the country to LA and book a job shooting in my hometown...what an amazing feeling! Also to be back on set with Jamal Hill (writer and director) who also wrote and directed my first feature "Streets" was so dope. 

Brotherly Love is set on the backdrop of Philadelphia's famed Overbrook High School,  tracking the life of the nations number one high school basketball player Sergio Taylor as he deals with the early pressures of hood fame. The film stars Keke Palmer, Cory Hardrict, Macy Gray and Malik Yoba. I believe Jamal Hill captured the authenticity of Philadelphia and the pressures teenagers face growing up in the inner city. If you love "Boyz N The Hood", " Cooley High", and "Menace II Society" your gonna love "Brotherly Love". It's that film for our generation. 

I wanted to share my experience filming "Brotherly Love" to encourage all you dreamers out there. Keep working hard...keep making those dreams come true. You never know one day you may be cast in a film shooting in your hometown. I have to tell you shooting "Brotherly Love" was so much fun and I was honored to work with so many actors I grew up watching. I'll never forget the memories:) Look out for "Brotherly Love" coming to a theater near you. Below is a pic of myself some of my cast mates...




No comments:

Post a Comment