Tuesday, October 14, 2014

YOUR HAIR IS YOUR CROWN!!!!


Hi ladies!!! So I'm always getting questions regarding my hair and how I manage keeping it healthy. First let me say I was a shampoo assistant from the age of 15 until I graduated college, so I know a lot about hair. The salon I worked at specialized in natural hair care. And second I've had the same hair stylist for 12 years. Yup I still follow my mother's rule of not allowing just anybody to play in my hair. LOL. My good friend Annajgid "Kee" Taylor is the only stylist I trust in my hair. It's simple...she knows my hair and it's been healthy ever since she became my stylist so why switch it up. Not to mention I'm always sastified with the outcome. Hey, if it ain't broke...dont fix it. I believe having too many stylist can get complicated and it can be damaging to your hair. So my advice is, find a stylist you love and stick with her. 

Alright, let's talk about maintenance. I treat my hair with all Deeper Than Hair products. The Shear Genius Collection (Omg..the packaging is so cute and feminine). All the products are paraben and sulfate free. I wash my hair twice a month. I try not to get my hair done more than twice a month...too much heat on the hair is no good. I get  a trim every 6-8 weeks. I know we don't like cutting our hair ladies but it's actually the only way for it to grow in healthy. And last, I wrap my hair every night with a silk or satin scarf. 

Make sure to take care of your hair even if your wearing clips or extensions. It's your crown so you should treat it as such. I hope these tips are helpful. For more hair tips follow my hair stylist on instagram: @sosheargenius

No comments:

Post a Comment